VEGAN POZOLE POTION
GUAJILLO CHILE SAUCE | FOR SOUP BASE
- 5 cups of water
- 4-5 dried guajillo chiles stemmed and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large white or yellow onion halved
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2-3 chopped zucchinis
- 3-4 30oz cans of hominy
- 1 15.5 oz can of white beans
- 4 quarts vegan vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 raw or tumbled rose quartz chunk (optional) Take some time to infuse the crystal with your desired intent. You can purchase a rose quartz chunk from our bodega here
- Iceberg lettuce or cabbage shredded
- sliced red radishes
- diced white or red onion
- dried oregano
- sliced ripe avocados
- Corn tostadas
- Bring 5 cups of water, chiles, garlic and onion to a boil in a medium saucepan/pot on high heat then simmer until onion is soft (about 25 minutes). * If you are making this soup with magical intent then please take some time to program and charge the liquids you are using with your desired intent. Always show gratitude for the botanical and elemental spirits that you will be working with.
- ( You can also purchase a large stockpot here by using our special amazon affiliate link. Whenever this link is used it will help us continue to build and grow here at the bodega! 16 Quart Stainless Steel Stockpot )
Blend chile, garlic and onion with 1/2 cup of chili water and add a little at a time until smooth consistency.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil of your choice (we used olive oil) in a heated up large stockpot. *Make sure to add the oil once the pot is already heated up.
Add yellow onion, chopped zucchini and sauté for 5-7 minutes
or until the onion starts turning translucent.
- Add hominy and white beans and stir ( Make sure to drain and rinse both the hominy and beans)
- Add Chile sauce and the flavors meld together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and herbs and bring to a boil on high then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes or until the hominy is tender.
- Right before you serve the soup cut up the onions, radishes, lettuce, avocado and serve with dried oregano and corn tostadas.
- Top with any variety of the freshly chopped toppings and enjoy! Take some time to bask in the gratitude of being able to eat such a beautiful concoction.
Please let us know if you try this recipe! Send us some pics or comments via YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER!