INGREDIENTS + MATERIALS
- 2.5 cups dried pinto beans
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1tbsp Oregano *preferably Mexican
- 1 tsp Epazote Herb *This is totally optional as I know this herb isn't always easy to find
- 8-9 cups of vegan vegetable broth or water or a mixture of both
- 1 crockpot / slowcooker
CRYSTAL INFUSIONS & THEIR INTENTIONS FOR THIS RECIPE
*Feel free to use any combination of crystals that you resonate with or leave them out for the muggle version. No worries just feel for what resonates most.
- BLACK TOURMALINE - PSYCHIC PROTECTION & GROUNDING
- ORANGE CALCITE - REMOVAL OF TRAUMA | AMPLIFICATION | CLEANSING
- ROSE QUARTZ - HEALING | SELF AWARENESS | LOVE
- ORGANIC ENERGY PYRAMID + HEALERS HEALER TOTEM - REGENERATION & CLEANSING OF THE AURA
1. If you are able to try and soak your beans for 12-24 hours in water. Also remember to remove any pebbles or broken beans from the batch. I have been very short on time and have used beans that I have soaked for only a couple of hours. Soaking them for the full12 to 24 hours is recommended.
2. I have been very short on time and have used beans that I have soaked for only a couple of hours. Soaking them for the full12 to 24 hours is recommended.
3. Add about a tablespoon of an oil of your choice we chose all of oil to a hot medium/high pan and cook down the garlic and onions until the onion is translucent. About 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Once onion and garlic have been cooked down transfer all of your ingredients (Garlic, onion, oregano, epazote, vegetable broth) into your slow cooker or crockpot.
5. You may add salt and black pepper to taste.
6. 30 minutes before your beans finish add salt. We used vegan vegetable broth for this recipe which contained a lot of salt naturally so we left out the salt this time. Feel free to salt to taste. Remember start small and work your way up. Sometimes these beans when using just plain water need quite a bit of salt to become flavorful. Season with caution
7. Cook beans on : LOW = 8-10 hours or HIGH 4-6+ Hrs